2023 KPB Environmental Awards Nomination
Keep Pearland Beautiful Environmental Award Nomination Form
Keep Pearland Beautiful is seeking help from the community in selecting individuals and organizations to receive its annual awards. The nominations are only limited by your imagination. You may make a nomination for one of the awards that we have traditionally given in the past or come up with your own suggestion for an award category. The only requirement is that the person(s) or organization(s) nominated must have made a significant contribution to conserving and improving the environment in Pearland in the past year. The winner(s) of the awards will be chosen by the Keep Pearland Beautiful awards committee.
Please submit photos supporting your nomination to email@example.com. Nominations must be received by Friday, October 21, 2023.
All awards will be presented at The KPB Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner on November 16, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
Awards given on a regular basis are (come up with something original and the committee will consider it):
• The Stella Roberts Golden Pear Award – (Our top award) The individual receiving this award must have made contributions to improving or protecting the environment in a number of areas (i.e. recycling, composting, beautification, cleanup/litter prevention, etc.) or must have made a significant contribution in one particular area.
• Business of the Year – This award is presented to a business that demonstrates its commitment to protecting the environment through recycling, participation in community cleanups, buying recycled products, beautification efforts and support of Keep Pearland Beautiful and/or other environmental organizations.
• Weldon Flanakin Recycler of the Year Award – This award is presented to individuals or businesses that do an outstanding job of recycling or who have initiated a new and innovative recycling program.
• Nick Santoro Re-use Award – This award is given to individuals or organizations that have found innovative ways to re-use things rather than sending them to the landfill.
• Cleanup Award – This award goes to individuals and/or organizations that demonstrate their commitment to keeping Pearland clean, either through the Keep Pearland Beautiful Adopt-A-Spot and Community Cleanup programs or on their own initiative.
• Beautification Award – This award is presented to a business, or civic organization that significantly improves its appearance and, therefore, the appearance of the community, through landscaping, new signage, renovations, etc.
• School Volunteer Award – This award is presented to the person at a local school that has consistently promoted environmental programs in the school and has worked with Keep Pearland Beautiful to educate students on ways that they can help enhance their community environment.
• Educator of the Year Award – This award is presented to a local educator (teacher, staff member, or other school employee) who consistently uses environmental curricula in the classroom and works to instill environmental conservations values in the students.