RECYCLE RIGHT TIPS
Are you recycling correctly?
Today, there are more people recycling than ever before in the world! We are thrilled that people are making the move towards living a more sustainable lifestyle. Simply tossing items into your roller cart or bringing them to the Stella Roberts Recycling Center, though, may not be enough to ensure that your items are properly recycled and get diverted from landfills.
Here are some quick tips to help shape your behavior and make you a true environmental champion! And when in doubt, please feel free to give us a call with any questions. We’re always here to help.
Recycle Often. Recycle Right. with our recycling partner, Waste Management.
Click below for more information on the SRRC, including what materials and items we accept for recycling.
Recycling DO's & DONT's
- Empty all liquids from containers
- Remove all food or non-recyclable material from containers or boxes
- Clean any food particles, sugar, oil, etc from plastic, glass, or metal containers
- Take plastic bags and sheet plastic to participating grocery store for recycling. Click here for participating neighborhood grocers.
- Get the family involved!
- Don’t recycle stained or soiled paper/cardboard
- Don’t put plastic bags or sheet plastic in your curbside cart or bring to the recycling center
- Don’t put hazardous materials in your curbside cart. Call WM At Your Door or bring to Stella Roberts Recycling Center for proper disposal.