Are you recycling correctly?
Today, there are more people recycling than ever before in the world! We are thrilled that people are making the move towards living a more sustainable lifestyle. Simply tossing items into your roller cart or bringing them to the Stella Roberts Recycling Center, though, may not be enough to ensure that your items are properly recycled and get diverted from landfills.
Here are some quick tips to help shape your behavior and make you a true environmental champion! And when in doubt, please feel free to give us a call with any questions. We’re always here to help.
- Empty all liquids from containers
- Remove all food or non-recyclable material from containers or boxes
- Clean any food particles, sugar, oil, etc from plastic, glass, or metal containers
- Take plastic bags and sheet plastic to participating grocery store for recycling. Click here for participating neighborhood grocers.
- Get the family involved!
- Don’t recycle stained or soiled paper/cardboard
- Don’t put plastic bags or sheet plastic in your curbside cart or bring to the recycling center
- Don’t put hazardous materials in your curbside cart. Call WM At Your Door or bring to Stella Roberts Recycling Center for proper disposal.
What goes in my curbside cart?
*This graphic is only applicable to City of Pearland residents. Not a Pearland resident? See below.
To learn more about your Pearland Curbside click Here
To get recycling bins in Brazoria County MUD 2, MUD 3 or MUD 6:
- Call Waste Management at 1-800-800-5804.
- Tell them you are in Silverlake Brazoria County MUD 2, 3 or 6.
- They will deliver a recycling bin to you.
Recycling pick up is Fridays in all of those MUDS.
For all other residents in our service area including residents of cities and unincorporated areas of Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, and Harris counties, please bring your recyclables to the Stella Roberts Recycling Center (SRRC) located at 5800 Magnolia Pkwy Pearland, TX 77584.
For more information on the SRRC, including what materials and items we accept for recycling, click HERE.